Monday, January 25, 2010

Insulin

Originally I intended to write something short and sweet about insulin. Something really friendly that everyone could easily understand. I searched high and low for some quick key points only to find that something short and sweet would be just as beneficial as a snickers bar. So I'd really like you to please read up on on Mark Sisson's take on the subject here.

Mark is the author of one of the blogs I've been immersing myself in called Mark's Daily Apple. He is also the author of "The Primal Blueprint" a book I completely intend on buying and reading very soon. His philosophy is so awesome I've decided to post it below because honestly, I could not have said it better myself.
In a nutshell:
- fresh, organic, unprocessed food – no junk!
- daily activity – whether it’s the gym or a walk along the beach, it all counts
- plenty of quality sleep
- plenty of water, no soda or sweetened drinks
- antioxidants galore – the key to limiting stress
- a good fish-oil supplement
- lots of essential fats, reckless amounts of vegetables, and clean protein
- time for fun – don’t take anything too seriously
– ethical behavior – because what goes around comes around
- taking responsibility for yourself and your life
– openness to new things and ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment