Monday, January 18, 2010

Keeping the lights on!



Today I found a great article that is totally relevant to MISSION 2010.

Its very easy to flip the switch and make a drastic change after the new year but what does it take to keep going strong to reach your goals? Here are some tips to help you out along the way. :)

Strategies to cement your success
To shake an unhealthy habit, follow these tips from
psychologist Carol Goldberg:


Expect success. If you think you're going to fail, you will.
Create a plan. Just as you'd need a roadmap to find a new destination, you'll need a plan to reach your end goal.
Set small, realistic goals. Losing 50 pounds sounds overwhelming. Yet losing 10 pounds sounds doable. Peg your goals to a date so you have something to shoot for.
Reward yourself. Whenever you meet a goal, give yourself a healthy treat like a new CD, book or sweater.
Enlist support. Going it alone is never easy so find buddies who will motivate you. Most importantly, get rid of the enablers, those people who push you into having that second piece of pie or let you bum a cigarette off them.

Source

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I think what happened to me in the past was that in the back of my mind I'd always think I couldn't really do it. This time around I tell myself that I can and will do it. It's what gets me going in the AM. :)

    WE CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete